Sunday, October 17, 2010

the [windy] city

This past week was October Break.
Most went to Cali.







The unfortunates stayed home.


Me?
I went to Chicago.

Kind of an out-of-the-box place, I know, but it was absolutely fantastic. Saturday afternoon, my mom and I flew up to THE WINDY CITY to visit my beautiful sister and her family for the entire week! 

We were always on the go, there are so many things to see there.
We went to the Lincoln Park Zoo
{Aren't my nieces adorable? That's Coco on the left and Montana on the right}

{Me and the girls in the green house}

We also visited the Sears Tower (now called the WILLIS TOWER). 

On the very top floor there's a sky deck, where you can go stand out on this glass-bottom-window-thing. 
It was absolutely horrifying. See that face?
Sheer terror.
 (Please take note of the three-year-old in the background.)

See this?
Fearless.
Definitely doesn't get that from her aunt.

In the city we planned on taking a peek in the American Girl Doll store for the little girls, but that turned out taking a little bit longer than expected. The store's a gong-show!
{Here's Montana dressed up like Rebecca}

We made a day out of visiting the Catingy Gardens...
{The rose garden was my favorite by far!}

While we were there, we figured we'd might as well visit colleges. This is us at Elmhurst.

But while we were in the city of Elmhurst, we happened to drive past a certain high school.
YORK
I just about flipped a lid when I saw it. For those who don't know, York is one of the best cross country schools in the country. They're a legend, I'll leave it at that.

We also visited a bunch of the little shops around my sister's neighborhood, which was so nice. The towns were gorgeous with the leaves turning orange, and everything was completely decked out for Halloween.  I could actually tell what season it was!
Strange, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment